Documentation & Usage
This is the Newspapers theme instruction page. We have tried our best to keep it as simple as possible. If you think it can be made even simpler let us know we will be glad to change it. Let’s start! On the right side you can see the table of contents of this documentation. Jump to the section you want, or read it all through – your choice. Let’s move on!
Installing your theme is easy! After downloading you should have a newspapers.zip file.
– WordPress Method
1. Go to Appearance » Themes in the WordPress Dashboard and click on the “Add New” button
2. Click on the “Upload link”, select the newspaperss.zip file and click “Install Now”
3. Activate the theme
– Ftp Method
1. Log into your site via FTP
2. Browse to your folder located at wp-content/themes
3. Unzip the newspaperss.zip folder and upload Type Plus folder to your server
4. Log In to WordPress and go to Appearance » Themes
5. Find the theme and click to activate
1.2.Automatic Update PRO/FREE
If your theme is out of date, you will see a notice on your WordPress Dashboard. You’ll be able to update your theme using the traditional WordPress update tools.
You will get update notifications only if you have an active Theme License.
1.3.Collect the Pro .zip file & license key
Step 1: Collect the Pro .zip file & license key
- After completing purchase, check your email for newspaperss.zip & license key
- Alternatively, you can Log in to your Imon Themes
- Click on View
- from there you can download it and also collect Licence key
2.1.Base Site Layout
The Newspapers is designed in a way that the whole site can be switched between Full Width or Boxed layout . And this layout will be applied throughout the entire site.
How To Choose / Change Site Layout
To change the site layout
- Go to Dashboard ->Appearance->Customize->General settings->Site layout -> Select site layout
- Select your site layout (Boxed or Full Width Or material layout) from the Site Layout drop-down
- Wait until the page will refresh, you’ll see an instant preview on the right
- If you like the changes, click on Save & Publish
In a Full-width site layout, there is no extra space reserved around the box. Site contents are presented in a wide layout.
In Boxed layout, your site’s content will look like as if it’s inside a box. You can even change the width of the box and background color behind the box.
If you select Boxed Layout, additional options will appear. Like the width of the box and box background color.
Make your changes and hit save.
2.2.CHANGING THE COLORS
You can change the Color of any elements in Newspapers theme. To change the default colors of Newspapers theme:
- Go to Appearance > Customize > General settings > site color options
- You can change your websites overall Primary color by modifying the Primary color option .
- You can change site overall hover color
- You can change site overall Font background color . you can use solid color or gradient color
- Link color
3.Header Options (video tutorial )
All of the options related to the Header part in this theme is available through Appearance > Customize > Header Settings.
4.How to setup your home page ?
How to setup your home page ?
4.1.To disable blog feed, you must create new custom page, set the “Homepage” template and assign this page as Front Page:
- WordPress Admin -> Appearance -> Customize ->Home page Settings =>Homepage Settings : Select => A static page
- Now add Post page (Blog)
- Then Add Home page (Home)
2nd Way to do this :
Create Page for Home and Blog
You need at most two pages, one for Home and another for Blog, to make like demo. Please follow this below steps to
set home page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of page(Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish page.
- Create another page(for Blog), follow the above page creation method.
Set Home page and Blog page
Please set home page and blog page with following procedure.
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
4.2.To Show Blog feed in font page :
WordPress Admin -> Appearance -> Customize ->Home page Settings =>Homepage Settings : Select => Your Lates Post
INFO : This is not recommended
4.3.Setup Home Main Banner and Banner layout
Video Tutorial For Main Banner
- WordPress Admin -> Appearance -> Customize ->Home page Settings => Slider
Select your slider Category for show slider (In free version you only show 4 sliders)
Important: You must have Featured image in post to show slider image
- In this tab you also can set-up Right featured post (Post appear right side of slider )
4.4.Home Page Widget Areas
Home Page widgets area overview
Newspaperss is fully widgetized. By default the home page displays the Homepage Widgetized Area with the blog feed below.
- Main Home widgets area
- Home Page Sidebar widgets area
There are 4 widgets bundled with the free Newspaperss theme and 10 widgets bundled with the PRO Newspaperss theme
Allowed widgets in Homepage Widgetized Area:
- Newspaperss – Blog Classic
- Newspaperss – Blog Grid
- Newspaperss – Blog List
- Newspaperss – Blog News
- Newspaperss – Instagram
- Newspaperss – Post Carousel
- Newspaperss – Recent Post
If you put different widgets into this area, they will not fit probably.But These widgets will fit in other widget areas.
5.Widgets and Widgets functions
Tutorial for How to add widgets and widgets functions custom widgets of theme
5.1.How To add Widgets ?
In Theme Customizer, the live preview of changes is available.
- Go to Appearance > Customize in the WordPress Administration Screens.
- Click the Widget menu in the Theme Customizer to access to the Widget Customize Screen.
- Click the down arrow of Widget Area to list the already registered Widgets.
- Click Add a Widget button at the bottom of sidebar. It shows the list of available widgets.
- Click a widget you want to add. The widgets should be added in the sidebar.
- Preview your site and you should see the content from your new Widget.
- To arrange the Widgets within the Sidebar, drag and drop the widgets in the order you want or click Reorder link and click up arrow and down allow of each widget and click Done after the arrange operation.
- To customize the Widget features, click the down arrow in the right to expand the Widget’s interface.
- To remove the widget, click Remove from Widget’s interface in above step.
Also, you can use the following conventional steps:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Screens.
- Choose a Widget and either drag it to the sidebar where you wish it to appear, or click the widget, (select a destination sidebar if your theme has more than one) and click the Add Widget button. There might be more than one sidebar option, so begin with the first one. Once in place, WordPress automatically updates the Theme.
- Preview the site. You should find that the “default” sidebar elements are now gone and only the new addition is visible.
- Return to the Widgets Screen to continue adding Widgets.
- To arrange the Widgets within the sidebar or Widget area, click and drag it into place.
- To customize the Widget features, click the down arrow in the upper right corner to expand the Widget’s interface.
- To save the Widget’s customization, click Save.
- To remove the Widget, click Delete.